WebsiteThirsty Turf Irrigation
The Service Technician is responsible for ensuring timely and effective resolution of irrigation system service issues and performing routine maintenance to prevent system issues.
- Perform system repair and service with minimal supervision ensuring a timely and cost effective solution.
- Discuss issues and requirements with customer and troubleshoot system issues to determine necessary repairs and service. Communicate cost to customer/manager.
- Disassemble, inspect, and determine parts required for service, reassemble parts to factory specification
- Interpret and utilize information from operation, maintenance and service manuals to ensure correct service
- Review service orders and prepare for the day ensuring understanding of system requirements and materials. Seek clarification as needed from Service Manager. Set up service schedule to optimize travel and efficiency.
- Program and set schedule for system controller as directed by the Service Manager
- Load the truck with all required job materials, supplies and equipment based on project estimate documents and ensuring adequate supplies to respond to unexpected project needs or emergency service calls. Document all items in accordance with Shop Foreman policies.
- Fulfill commitment to the team and to the customer by arriving at work on time, in uniform, and prepared for the day.
- Ensure professional and timely communication with customers, responding to questions professionally and courteously.
- Document all service work completed and receive customer signature as required.
- Maintain a high quality and professional experience for the customer. This includes following all policies regarding site behavior (meal breaks, smoking, phone calls) and ensuring that the work site is cleaned up and professional at the conclusion of the project.
- Close out each day by cleaning out the vehicle (remove trash, leftover materials, etc.), informing the project foreman and/or shop foreman of any materials or equipment issues, and clocking out timely.
- Follow all safety requirements for the job using required PPE and asking for assistance as needed
- Manage customer relationship to ensure confidence in system, satisfaction with service and ongoing business with TT.
- Identify opportunities to introduce new technology solutions to the customer and present in a professional, authentic manner.
- Drive heavy equipment and vehicles with adjustable attachments to remove snow and ice, and spread salt and sand as required.
- Submit all job related receipts at the end of every day to the Director of Operations to ensure accurate project expense reporting.
- Communicate any issues or problems by phone, email or text messages to the team, clients and contractors to ensure timely resolution.
- Track time for payroll and job costing purposes by using the job clock at beginning and end of every day.
- Ensure job site safety by following Public Utility Commission regulations that require that all Digsafe markings are clearly identified and have been legally cleared, and also check job site property for private utility lines.
- Complete all job sheets, as-builts, and Hindsite appointments by the end of every work day and submit to Service Manager for customer setup and documentation.
- Complete all snowstorm reports and submit to the Director of Operations by the end of every work day.
- Other duties as required to support business objectives.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED
Experience with irrigation systems preferred, but will train individuals as required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to locate, diagnose and repair residential and commercial customer sprinkler systems
- Knowledge of troubleshooting techniques and proper repair procedures
- Knowledge of how to perform basic irrigation audits
- Knowledge of electrical and plumbing systems
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and hydraulic schematics as well as operating and maintenance service manuals
- Ability to follow instructions and ask questions if unclear
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with customers and teammates
- Ability to work as part of a team, helping when needed to meet job and customer requirements
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use handheld device to record daily work
- The ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- The ability to bend and stoop regularly to install or service systems that are located in the ground.
- The ability to quickly move hands, hands together with arms, or two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- The ability to keep hands and arms steady while moving the arm or while holding the arm and hand in one position to ensure accuracy and control.
- The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
- The ability to use hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- The ability to smell odors a the work site that could indicate a safety issue (e.g. gas leak)
- Valid driver’s license to operate company vehicles as required
- Ability to flex hours to meet seasonal demands and work overtime as required